Traineeships are designed to help you gain the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
if you are between 16 to 24 and are motivated to develop the skills you need for a full time career, a Traineeship could be the route for you.
The 6 week to 6 month programme is made up of three parts: work experience placement, work preparation training and English and maths qualifications (if needed).
The Government will cover the training costs and help may be offered with expenses for example childcare. Employers aren’t obliged to offer trainees a wage.
The need-to know
- You have to be unemployed / work under 16 hours and qualifications below level 3
- A Traineeship lasts between six weeks to six months
- Employers aren’t obliged to offer trainees a wage
- Government covering training costs
- Motivated to work
- Traineeship opportunities are advertised on Find a Traineeship on GOV.UK.
- You could contact your local college or training provider to see if they are offering traineeship opportunities.
- If you are in receipt of benefits you should speak to your Jobcentre Plus adviser.