School-leavers applying for apprenticeships may not have that much professional or workplace experience, but worry not, for you can wow your potential employer in other ways.
Check out these top tips on how to impress in your application:
- Show passion for the industry you want to get in to. The employer can train you up but they must see an eagerness to learn in your application.
- Explain the reasons why you want the apprenticeship (other than it being paid!)
- Research the company and be sure you want to work for it. There is usually a section on the company’s website explaining its ethos.
- Employers value voluntary work experience, so shout it from the rooftops!
- Refer to the job description in your application, outlining specific skills you have.
- Don’t underestimate your digital expertise. You’ve grown up in a digital world. Now show your employer how those skills can benefit their company.