The government has launched a new digital service that allows candidates to search, register and apply for apprenticeships and traineeships in England.
Find an apprenticeship/traineeship will replace the old Apprenticeship vacancies (Av) system by the end of June. Candidates who have not already done so will need to register to use the new service.
The new service includes:
- a straightforward registration
- a simpler application process
- an improved search function that allows users to search using a range of criteria (includes sector, keyword, employer and location)
- email or text notifications about live applications and recent searches
- a clear dashboard for tracking applications
For the rest of this month and during June it will not accept new registrations on Av and asks that candidates register to the new service. It also asks candidates to apply for any new apprenticeships or traineeships through the new service.
The Av search app will also be retired during this period, stakeholders should now only promote find an apprenticeship/traineeship which is a mobile first design. API and RSS feeds will continue but will reflect the design of the new system.
Careers guidance professionals should use the new service with candidates. Colleges, training organisations and employers should continue to use Av to manage their recruitment activities.