If you love the thought of a chef career, working with experienced professionals and high quality local produce, The Seafood Restaurant have eight opportunities for apprentices to join kitchen teams from September 2014.
In the first instance, roles will be offered as a fixed-term twelve month contract and experience isn’t necessary – just a passion for ensuring that customers have an outstanding time when dining with us. With the help of a dedicated college tutor, there will be support to develop knowledge, skills and confidence through a structured professional cookery qualification.
Having assisted over fifty staff to complete professional cookery apprenticeships since 2008, the programme is now being offered to external applicants for the first time.
The benefits of joining The Seafood Restaurant’s apprenticeship programme:
- You’ll be part of the first group of apprentices recruited for this programme
- Long-term career opportunities in a high profile local business
- Monthly practical cookery sessions with our best chefs
- Opportunity to develop skills whilst earning
- Competitive starting rate of pay
- A share of tips from customers
- Support from one of Cornwall’s best colleges (Truro and Penwith)
- Regular reviews, support and feedback from your manager and college tutor
- A complimentary meal for two at one of our restaurants
- 28 holiday days each year
- 20% discount in restaurants and shops
- Annual staff party
- Summer events with Rick and Jill
Rick and Jill Stein opened The Seafood Restaurant in 1975. Since then the business has grown to include another three restaurants in Padstow, St Petroc’s Bistro, Rick Stein’s Cafe and Stein’s Fish & Chips as well as a pub in St Merryn and a fish and seafood restaurant in Falmouth. They also have a cookery school, 40 guest bedrooms, 4 self catering properties, a deli, patisserie, fishmongers and gift shop all in and around the pretty harbour village of Padstow.
Home to some of the best chefs, producers and farmers, Cornwall’s food and drink scene is thriving, bringing £1.5 billion to the county each year – there has never been a better time to join the industry.
- 30th June 2014 – closing date for applications
- Short-listing will take place between 30th June 2014 and 4th July 2014
- Interviews will take place during week commencing 7th July 2014
We welcome contact should an applicant wish to discuss the opportunity in more detail:
Benjamin Milby (HR Advisor) – 01841-550837
Michael Rabone (Head of Human Resources) – 01841-550838
The Seafood Restaurant looks forward to hearing from you!